Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 10:30 AM PST 29 November 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 20 to 30 knots becoming south 25 to 35 early this afternoon then increasing to south 40 to 50 late overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 early Tuesday morning then becoming southwest 25 Tuesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers changing to rain this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 10:30 AM PST 29 November 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 29 November 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located over the Central
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 978 mb located west of Bowie.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Tuesday departing low 974 mb located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:14 AM PST 29 November 2021 Yet another frontal system will approach the northern waters
Today and move over Haida Gwaii this afternoon. Gale to
Storm force southerly winds will spread to the northern and central
waters today and tonight.
On Tuesday a low centre will track north of Haida Gwaii and move onto
the Alaska Panhandle. Winds will shift to gale to storm force
westerly across the northern and central waters, as well as the
southern offshore waters. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds
are expected over the inner South Coast Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: