Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 25 September 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 late this morning then becoming southeast 25 to 35 early this evening. Wind becoming south 25 Sunday morning then increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Sunday afternoon.
Rain ending Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 04:00 AM PDT 25 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 September 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
from Hecate Strait to Queen Charlotte Sound then to Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 AM PDT 25 September 2021 A weak frontal system from Hecate straight to just north of Vancouver
Island to Southeastern Explorer will strengthen this afternoon. Gale
force southeasterly winds are expected along the Central Coast and
off the west coast of Northern Vancouver Island late this afternoon
and this evening.
A large low pressure system will approach the British Columbia waters
on Sunday morning. Winds will rise to gale force for almost the
entire region by the end of Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: