Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 19 April 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 5 to 15 knots except northeasterly outflow 25 to 35 near the mainland inlets. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 early this morning except northeast 20 near the mainland inlets late this morning. Wind becoming southwest 5 to 15 late this afternoon then veering to northwest 5 to 15 this evening. Wind becoming light late overnight then increasing to northwest 5 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 04:00 AM PDT 19 April 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 19 April 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over western Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located over BC interior.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PDT 19 April 2021 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will produce strong to
near gale force northerly outflow winds through mainland inlets
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: