Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 PM PST 08 December 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 20 knots backing to southwest 10 to 20 early this evening then to south 20 to 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Friday morning then diminishing to easterly 15 Friday evening except southeast 35 over southern sections.
Showers changing to rain Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 4:00 PM PST 08 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 8 December 2022 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low located west of the Alaska
At 10:00 a.m. PST Friday intensifying low 990 mb located west
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low 982 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 8 December 2022 A weakening low located over the Gulf of Alaska will approach the
Alaskan Panhandle this evening. Gale force westerlies over Bowie
Will ease to moderate tonight.
On Friday, an intensifying low will move into Southwestern Explorer.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the low
over parts of the southern and central waters. Southeasterly to
easterly gale force winds will spread into the inner waters of the
South Coast late Friday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: