Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 21 August 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind westerly 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 near midnight and to light Thursday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 10 to 20 Thursday evening.
Rain ending early this afternoon. Showers beginning Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 04:00 AM PDT 21 August 2019
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 21 August 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing frontal system located on a line
north-south over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 990 mb located over northern Haida Gwaii.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT today departing low 996 mb located near Prince
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located over the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM PDT 21 August 2019 The centre of a low pressure system will move eastward from Masset to
Prince Rupert early this morning and continue into the Northern
British Columbia interior today. The associated cold front will
Progress across the South Coast this morning.
Gale to storm force northwest or west winds in behind the low will
affect northern and central waters this morning. The trend in wind
strength will continue decreasing this afternoon as the low moves
Over the South Coast, strong to gale force southeast winds ahead of
the front will shift to strong northwest winds later today in its
A ridge of high pressure will build this afternoon. Moderate to
strong northwest winds are expected for all marine regions except
gale force winds along parts of the west coast of Vancouver Island.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: