Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 10:30 AM PST 03 March 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots increasing to southeast 40 to 50 Thursday afternoon then diminishing to south 20 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 10:30 AM PST 03 March 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 3 March 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary cold front located on a
line northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday deepening low 990 mb located over
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low 986 mb located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PST 3 March 2021 A cold front will continue to remain quasi-stationary over Northern
Vancouver Island today and tonight. Ahead of the front, gale force
southerlies will persist today and tonight over central waters and
west of Vancouver Island.
Another low will track northwards across Explorer Thursday morning
and lie over Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. Ahead of the low, gale to
storm force southerlies over southern and central waters will spread
to northern waters in the afternoon. Additionally, hurricane force
southeasterlies will develop over the headlands of West Vancouver
Island north in the morning. In its wake the winds will shift to
strong to gale force westerly.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: