Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 21 January 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwesterly 15 to 25 early Saturday afternoon.
Drizzle changing to showers Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 21 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 21 January 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PST Saturday departing frontal system located near
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:05 PM PST 21 January 2022 A frontal system will remain stalled just west of Bowie until
Saturday morning. During this period, southerly gales will persist
across Bowie and parts of the northern waters. On Saturday, the front
will begin to weaken and push across the North Coast. Winds will
gradually ease through the day.
Over the South Coast, winds will be light under a quasi-stationary
ridge for several days. Visibility may be limited by persistent
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: