Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 28 October 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind easterly 10 to 20 knots backing to northeasterly 15 to 25 this afternoon then increasing to northeast 25 to 35 Thursday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 40 near noon Thursday except south 40 over southern sections. Wind increasing to northwest 55 Thursday evening.
Rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 28 October 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 28 October 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary frontal system located on
a line east-west over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday low located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday low located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 AM PDT 28 October 2020 A front lying across Northern Vancouver Island and Northern Explorer
will remain nearly stationary today. Moderate northeast winds north
of the front shift to strong southwest to the south.
On Thursday morning, the front will advance northward as a deepening
low pressure system approaches the offshore waters. By Thursday
afternoon, a 996 MB low will lie just west of Queen Charlotte Sound.
The low will cross the Central Coast and move inland Thursday night.
Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterlies will spread to central
waters and strong to gale force northeasterlies are forecast over
northern waters. Gale to storm force northwest winds will develop
Thursday night in the wake of the low.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - northern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - southern half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: