Bowie - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 October 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots increasing to southeast 45 to 60 after midnight. Wind southeast 45 to 60 Monday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 October 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 October 2021 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By noon PDT Monday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Monday quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line north-south over western Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 17 October 2021 A strong frontal system will approach Bowie this evening and stall
over Bowie on Monday. Winds over Bowie will increase to southeast
gales early this evening then to storm force overnight.
Southeast gales will spread over west coast Haida Gwaii and
Northwestern Explorer Monday morning and increase to storm force
From Dixon Entrance East to Hecate Strait and West Coast Vancouver
Island North winds will increase to gale force southeast Monday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: