Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 October 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to westerly 10 to 20 this evening then becoming variable 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to northwest 20 Thursday afternoon and to northwest 25 to 35 Thursday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 October 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 October 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday weakening frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday departing trough located over central
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:31 PM PDT 23 October 2019 A Pacific frontal system over Haida Gwaii will move across the North
Coast this evening and remain nearly stationary across central waters
overnight and Thursday.
In its wake, gale to storm force southeasterlies over northern waters
will ease to moderate to strong westerly tonight then to light to
Over central waters winds strong to gale force southerly gales will
continue tonight through Thursday.
On Thursday night, a developing trough of low pressure will track
across central and southern waters. In its wake, strong to gale force
northwesterlies will develop over most outer waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: