Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 01 October 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 25 to 35 knots becoming southwest 20 to 30 early this morning then becoming southwest 15 to 25 near noon except northwest 15 to 25 over northwestern sections. Wind becoming southwest 15 early this evening except north 20 over northwestern sections. Wind becoming northeast 15 overnight then veering to southeast 5 to 15 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 01 October 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 1 October 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located from the North Coast to
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located from the Central Coast
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the North Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:38 AM PDT 1 October 2022 A frontal system over Bowie early this morning will slowly move
towards the North Coast today. Gale force southerly winds have
developed over Bowie, Dixon west and the northern half of west coast
Southeast gales will also develop early this morning over Dixon East
and Northern Hecate Strait.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: