Bowie - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 this evening and to northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Showers. Visibility 1 mile or less in showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 September 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 978 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 990 mb located over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 1008 mb located south of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 1004 mb located over the Washington
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PDT 26 September 2023 An intense low will remain over Bowie today before moving north
towards the Alaskan Panhandle by Wednesday morning. Ahead of the low,
gale to storm force southeasterlies over central and northern coastal
waters will gradually ease to strong to gale force today.
In its wake, strong to gale force westerlies will persist over the
offshore waters today and tonight, before spreading to northern
waters early Wednesday morning.
Across the inner South Coast, strong to gale force southeasterlies
over the Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo will ease this
Additionally, conditions are favourable for waterspout development
over Explorer and west coast Vancouver Island today and this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: