Bowie - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 20 November 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 30 to 40 early this afternoon then becoming northwest 35 to 45 late overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 Thursday afternoon then increasing to southwest 30 to 40 Thursday evening.
Rain tonight and Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 November 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located over Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PST 20 November 2019 A cold front offshore will move across Bowie tonight then across the
North and Central Coasts on Thursday. Southeast gales over Bowie will
spread to central and northern waters tonight. Winds will shift to
strong to gale force westerlies in the wake of the front.
Southerly gales are forecast to develop again over northern waters
Thursday night as another Pacific front approaches the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: