Bowie - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 13 August 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots except northwest 15 to 25 over western sections. Wind becoming west 10 to 20 after midnight then backing to southerly 5 to 15 near noon Sunday.
Periods of rain this evening. Scattered showers Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 13 August 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over eastern Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday dissipating trough located from Hecate
Strait to the Central Coast then to Vancouver Island.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday low located over northern Explorer.
By midnight PDT Sunday dissipating low located near Cape St. James.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM PDT 13 August 2022 A trough over Bowie will track east tonight and lie from Hecate
Strait to Northern Vancouver Island by Sunday morning.
As the trough moves up against a ridge of high pressure over the BC
Interior, southerly winds will rise to gale force over northern and
central waters overnight and Sunday morning.
Gale force winds will ease to strong by early Sunday afternoon as the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: