Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 24 February 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 this morning then veering to southwest 40 early this afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 40 to 50 this evening then becoming northwest 35 to 45 Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 06:28 AM PST 24 February 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 February 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over the South Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 24 February 2021 A ridge of high pressure over Northern Vancouver Island will weaken
and move over the Southwest BC Interior later this morning. As the
ridge moves eastward, a strong frontal system will approach the North
Coast. Gale to storm force southeast winds will spread eastwards
towards the North and Central Coasts today. A shift to gale to storm
force westerlies will follow as this system passes.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: