Bowie - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 28 November 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 after midnight then becoming southeast 25 to 35 early Wednesday morning. Wind becoming westerly 25 to 35 late Wednesday afternoon.
Rain Wednesday changing to showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 November 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 November 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday cold front located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PST 28 November 2023 An approaching cold front will move into Bowie Wednesday morning and
lie north-south over Haida Gwaii late Wednesday evening. Winds will
rise to gale force southerlies ahead of the front and shift to strong
to gale force westerlies behind it.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: