Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 28 September 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to east 25 to 35 this evening then becoming south 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 September 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today warm front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday departing warm front located north
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating cold front located on a
line north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PDT 28 September 2020 A warm front will cross Bowie tonight and Tuesday. Ahead of the
system, gale force easterly winds will develop over Bowie.
The associated cold front will approach Bowie late Tuesday afternoon.
Southeasterly gales will develop over the northern offshore waters
Tuesday evening then spread to central and northern coastal waters
Tuesday after midnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: