Alerts for: Fort Qu'Appelle - Indian Head - Lumsden - Pilot Butte
10:12 PM CST Monday 18 February 2019
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- R.M. of Abernethy including Balcarres and Abernethy
- R.M. of Bratt's Lake including Wilcox Corinne and Estlin
- R.M. of Cupar including Southey Cupar and Markinch
- R.M. of Edenwold including Balgonie and Piapot Res.
- R.M. of Francis including Vibank Sedley and Odessa
- R.M. of Indian Head including Indian Head and Sintaluta
- R.M. of Lajord including Lajord Kronau and Riceton
- R.M. of Lipton including Lipton and Dysart
- R.M. of Longlaketon including Earl Grey and Silton
- R.M. of Lumsden including Lumsden Regina Beach and Craven
- R.M. of McKillop including Strasbourg and Rowans Ravine Prov. Park
- R.M. of Montmartre including Assiniboine Res.
- R.M. of North Qu'Appelle including Fort Qu'Appelle
- R.M. of Sherwood including Grand Coulee
- R.M. of South Qu'Appelle including Qu'Appelle and Edgeley
- R.M. of Tullymet including Peepeekisis Res.
A period of very cold wind chills is expected.
Cold temperatures this evening are combining with moderate winds to produce wind chills colder than minus 40. Wind chills will moderate overnight as temperatures rise.
In addition, fog is occurring in some of the regions; should the fog become more widespread, a fog advisory may be required.
Risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors, and those without proper shelter.
Keep dry to stay warmer.
Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to SKstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #SKStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: