Alerts for: Metro Vancouver
5:50 PM PST Friday 22 January 2021
Special weather statement in effect for:
- Metro Vancouver - central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver - North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta
Snow is expected Saturday night and Sunday morning for Central Coast - Coastal Sections, Vancouver Island, Sunshine Coast and Lower Mainland.
A cool airmass and low pressure system will slide along coastal B.C. on Saturday. Snow is forecast to begin Saturday night and continue into Sunday. By Sunday afternoon snow will become mixed with rain in many areas.
Potential snowfall accumulation varies from 2 to 5 cm for most of the Lower Mainland, the Sunshine Coast, inland sections of western Vancouver Island and for Central Coast - Coastal Sections. Eastern and inland areas of Vancouver Island are most likely to see the highest amounts of snow, with accumulations from 5 to 15 cm, especially above 200 metres; this includes the Malahat Highway.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: