Alerts for: Fort Saskatchewan - Vegreville - Redwater - Smoky Lake
1:07 PM MDT Thursday 21 March 2019
Special air quality statement in effect for:
- Co. of Minburn near Vegreville Inland and Warwick
- Co. of Two Hills near Willingdon and Hairy Hill
- Elk Island Nat. Park
- Fort Saskatchewan and Nrn Strathcona Co.
- Lamont Co. near Andrew and Wostok
- Lamont Co. near Bruderheim Lamont and Peno Creek
- Lamont Co. near Mundare Chipman and Ukrainian Village
- Smoky Lake Co. near Smoky Lake and Waskatenau
- Sturgeon Co. near Bon Accord Gibbons and Namao
- Sturgeon Co. near Redwater
- Thorhild Co. near Thorhild Opal and Radway
Elevated pollution levels are expected or occurring.
Higher air pollution levels near the surface has given the City of Edmonton and areas near Fort Saskatchewan poor air quality today. These conditions are expected to persist overnight before improving Friday near noon.
Individuals may experience symptoms such as increased coughing, throat irritation, headaches or shortness of breath. Children, seniors, and those with cardiovascular or lung disease, such as asthma, are especially at risk.
Be air aware! Check your local weather forecasts and alerts so you know when to take extra care.
Visit www.airhealth.ca for information on how to reduce your health risk and your personal contribution to pollution levels, as well as for current and forecast AQHI values.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.
Issued by Environment Canada, Alberta Environment and Parks, Alberta Health and Alberta Health Services
What we are doing
- Date modified: