Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EST 18 January 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to east 10 to 15 knots late this evening and to northeast 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind northeast 15 to 25 Sunday.
Periods of snow overnight and Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 13.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5035N 5750W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
2 tenths new ice except 9 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths of
grey-white ice in the southern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 18 January 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 1002 mb located southwest of the
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 996 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: