Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 15 April 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to easterly 15 knots early this morning and to east 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind becoming east 20 to 30 near noon Friday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 April 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4703N 6449W to
4720N 6412W to 4805N 6356W to Quebec near 4850N 6413W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5005N 6146W to 4954N
6000W to 5054N 5807W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5732W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 15 April 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over western Quebec.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: