Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 28 May 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 early this morning then veering to northwest 25 this afternoon. Wind veering to north 15 to 20 Monday morning then diminishing to light Monday afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Showers this afternoon and this evening.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 28 May 2023
Tuesday Wind southwest 15 knots.
Wednesday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Thursday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 27 May 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 May 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5112N 5820W to Newfoundland near
5050N 5703W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 28 May 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 28 May 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from the Great Lakes to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday departing ridge located south of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today cold front located over Labrador extending
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday cold front located from Banquereau to
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Monday departing cold front located south of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:37 AM ADT 28 May 2023 A cold front will move southward across northern waters to lie from
Banquereau to Lurcher late tonight. The cold front will continue to
move southward on Monday and will be south of the marine district by
Winds will increase to strong southwesterlies ahead of the front this
morning. Winds will veer to strong to gale force northwesterlies over
northern and eastern waters later today and tonight in the wake of
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: