Issued 03:00 AM AST 08 December 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind easterly 20 knots veering to southeast 25 early this evening then backing to east 25 to 30 Friday morning. Wind backing to northeast 30 Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 7 December 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 7 December 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5300N 5553W to 5300N 5400W to 5400N 5300W to 5815N 5515W to
6000N 5300W to 5800N 4620W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:52 AM AST 8 December 2022 Today At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located from Newfoundland to
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. AST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over western New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over the central Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM AST 8 December 2022 A trough of low pressure over western waters this morning will slowly
track eastward to lie over the central marine district by this
evening then stall into Friday morning. During the day Friday the
trough will begin to rotate southwestward. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the trough today will become strong
northerlies in its wake. On Friday gale force northerlies will
develop over much of the central and southern waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank,
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, Gulf-Magdalen - eastern half
and Anticosti - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: