East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 10 April 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind north 25 knots backing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind variable 10 to 15 Sunday.
Rain ending Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 10 April 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4933N 5430W to 5121N 5243W
to 5457N 5112W to 5551N 5257W to 5630N 5625W to 5803N 5751W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 10 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 11 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4735N 5243W to 4740N 5045W to 5140N 4835W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N
5830W to 6030N 5150W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 11 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5125N 5709W to Newfoundland near 5100N 5702W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 10 April 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 986 mb located southeast of the Grand
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday departing low 993 mb located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over western Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday low 999 mb located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:29 PM NDT 10 April 2021 A trough of low pressure extending from the Southeastern Grand Banks
to Belle Isle Bank will strengthen into a low pressure system on
Sunday and lie over Southern Newfoundland by Sunday afternoon. Strong
to gale force southeast to northeasterlies over eastern waters will
spread over Gulf waters by Sunday morning as the low strengthens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, East Coast - north of Cape St.
Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, Funk Island Bank, and
Northern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: