Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2019
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 11 December 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough located from Georges Bank to the
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday approaching ridge located on a line
north-south over Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:45 AM AST 11 December 2019 A trough of low pressure from Georges Bank to the Avalon Peninsula
will move to eventually lie southeast of the marine district tonight.
Strong to gale force southwesterlies ahead of the trough shift to
generally strong northwesterlies behind it.
On Thursday morning the northwesterlies will increase to gale force
across the district and could possibly approach storm force over
northernmost waters. Winds are expected to diminish somewhat over
most waters later on Thursday as a ridge of high pressure approaches
from the west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: