Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 27 May 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 knots early Sunday morning and to southwest 25 near noon Sunday. Wind veering to northwest 25 Sunday evening.
Showers Sunday evening.
Low tonight plus 7. High Sunday plus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 8:00 PM ADT 27 May 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 27 May 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located from the
Great Lakes to Georges Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday cold front located over Labrador extending
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday cold front located from Cabot Strait to
the Bay of Fundy.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:38 PM ADT 27 May 2023 A cold front will move southeastward across Labrador Sunday morning
and across the Gulf of St. Lawrence Sunday afternoon to lie from
Cabot Strait to the Bay of Fundy Sunday evening.
Winds will increase to strong southwesterlies ahead of the front on
Sunday. Over the Gulf of St. Lawrence, winds will veer to strong to
gale force northwesterlies later in the day in the wake of the front.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: