Issued 03:30 PM NST 05 December 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 to 20 knots late overnight then backing to west 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 December 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5213N 5538W to 5348N 5518W to
5559N 5947W to 6031N 6404W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 5 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5240N 5548W to 5315N 5415W to 5700N 5415W to 5830N 5630W to
6050N 5630W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 5 December 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. NST today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Wednesday trough located from Belle Isle Bank to
the Quebec Lower North Shore.
At 3:30 p.m. NST today dissipating ridge located over Funk Island
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: