Issued 09:30 AM NST 22 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 this afternoon then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind southwest 15 to 20 Thursday.
Flurries Thursday morning.
Temperatures minus 21 rising to minus 10 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4920N 5210W
to 5025N 5520W to 5155N 5330W to 5500N 5400W to 5655N 5700W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NST today departing trough located east of the East
At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 992 mb located over Hudson Bay.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Thursday low 994 mb located over the Torngat
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight dissipating ridge located over Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NST 22 January 2020 A low pressure system will approach from the northwest tonight and
cross the northern marine district Thursday. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will develop ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: