Eastern Shore - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 06 June 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southerly 15 early Wednesday morning and to light Wednesday evening.
Showers ending Wednesday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating Wednesday morning.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 06 June 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday. Seas 2 to 3 metres subsiding to 1 to 2 Wednesday morning.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 06 June 2023
Thursday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Friday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Saturday Wind light becoming west 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 6 June 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 June 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5056N 5854W to Newfoundland near
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:37 PM EDT 5 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Eastern Shore - eastern halfIssued 10:00 AM ADT 06 June 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 6 June 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 990 mb located over Eastern Shore.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 995 mb located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:36 AM ADT 6 June 2023 A low pressure system just south of Nova Scotia will remain over the
Maritimes through Wednesday evening. Gale force east to northeasterly
winds north of the low will start to gradually diminish later today
and tonight as the system starts to weaken.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - northern half, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half, and Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: