Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 21 September 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots backing to southeast 15 to 25 this evening then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 Tuesday morning. Wind becoming southeast 40 to 50 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers ending near midnight. Rain Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 21 September 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 21 September 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening trough located over the southern
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday intensifying frontal system located over
the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PDT 21 September 2020 A Pacific frontal system will approach Bowie late today and Haida
Gwaii on Tuesday. Ahead of the system, winds will rise to gale force
southeasterly over Bowie this evening and over the northern waters
Tuesday morning and the central waters Tuesday afternoon.
As the system approaches Haida Gwaii and intensifies, winds will rise
to storm force southeasterlies over most northern and central waters
late Tuesday. Winds will ease to moderate to strong southerly over
Bowie Tuesday evening in the wake of the system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: