Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 09 December 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to south 35 early this afternoon then veering to west 25 to 35 early this evening. Wind becoming northwest 20 to 30 after midnight then diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 Sunday morning. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 Sunday evening except northeast 20 near Portland Inlet.
Rain ending this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 09 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 9 December 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Sandspit
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located from
McInnes Island to Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over Haida Gwaii extending
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday weakening trough located over Vancouver
Island extending southwestward.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday ridge located over Langara extending
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PST 9 December 2023 A vigorous front has moved across Haida Gwaii this morning. Hurricane
force southeast winds ahead of the front has spread over West
Vancouver Island north to Queen Charlotte Sound and Hecate Strait.
The front will move to Central Coast this afternoon while quickly
Gale force southeast winds over the South Coast waters will ease to
moderate to strong late this evening as the front continues to
Gale force northwesterlies over northern waters, west of Haida Gwaii
will follow this system later this afternoon as a surface trough
follows the frontal system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: