Issued 05:30 AM EDT 01 October 2022
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 October 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7351N
9711W to Somerset Island near 7401N 9511W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7239N 8030W to
7227N 7915W to Bylot Island near 7247N 7900W. Sea ice northwest of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7315N 7637W to 7345N
7445W to 7415N 7545W to near 7501N 7309W then eastwards. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 1 October 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday ridge located from 67N 87W to 82N 68W.
By 0000 UTC Monday ridge located from 67N 67W to 82N 75W.
At 1200 UTC Saturday deepening low 1000 mb located at 72N 105W.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 981 mb located at 67N 96W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: