Issued 04:00 AM PDT 12 August 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to south 10 to 15 knots near noon and to south 15 to 25 late this afternoon. Wind veering to west 15 to 25 near midnight except variable 5 to 15 over northern sections. Wind west 15 to 25 except variable 5 to 15 over northern sections Thursday.
Showers this afternoon and tonight.
Bowie - northern half
Bowie - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 12 August 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM PDT 11 August 2020 Moderate to strong northwesterlies will persist over most waters
As a ridge of high pressure lies west of Explorer. Strong to gale
force westerlies are forecast to persist through Juan de Fuca
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: