South Labrador Sea - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 23 March 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 25 knots diminishing to north 15 to 20 this afternoon then veering to northeast 15 overnight. Wind northeast 15 Friday.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 4 to plus 1.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 23 March 2023
Today Tonight and Friday. Outside the ice edge seas 3 to 5 metres except 2 to 3 over northern sections tonight and Friday morning. Seas subsiding to 2 to 3 Friday morning.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 23 March 2023
Saturday Wind northeast 15 knots.
Sunday Wind northeast 25 knots.
Monday Wind northeast 25 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday Bergy water except 5 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the southwestern section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4647N 5257W to 4645N 5226W
to 4919N 4928W to 5021N 5342W to 5243N 5426W to 5505N 5240W to 5552N
5616W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Bergy water except 5 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 22 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4600N 5525W to 4500N 5000W to 4455N 4500W to 4730N
4430W to 5835N 5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5850N 4755W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6050W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5810W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located off
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: