Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 AM NST 26 January 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 Thursday morning.
Flurries Thursday late in the day.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Thursday morning.
Temperatures minus 16 to minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5618W to 6123N 5743W to 6200N 5744W to
6258N 5746W then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
8 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths first-year ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:09 PM EST 25 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5110N 5005W to 5245N 4820W to 5600N 5345W to
5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern halfIssued 09:30 AM NST 26 January 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 26 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 1003 mb located over southeastern
By 9:30 a.m. NST Thursday low 990 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 AM NST 26 January 2022 A low pressure system will approach the district from the southwest
this morning and cross the Southeastern Labrador Sea later today and
tonight. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the low will
shift to gale to storm force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in effect for South Labrador
Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south, South Labrador Sea,
and Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: