North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 04:00 PM NST 24 January 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 15 knots tonight and Tuesday.
Temperatures near minus 25.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4855N 5225W
to 5016N 5411W to 5218N 5259W to 5500N 5251W to 5803N 5653W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:39 PM EST 24 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5120N 5030W to 5250N 4830W to 5600N 5400W to
5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 24 January 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing trough located east of Labrador
At 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday trough located on a line north-south over
Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Tuesday trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM NST 24 January 2022 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: