East Labrador Sea - southern half
Issued 09:30 AM NST 11 November 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 35 knots veering to northwest 25 to 35 this afternoon then backing to southwest 25 to 35 Tuesday morning.
Snow beginning this afternoon changing to flurries overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 11 November 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5330N 5950W to Labrador
near 5335N 6005W. Sea ice southwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5915N 6325W to 6020N
6415W to Labrador near 6025N 6425W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 11 November 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5230N 5600W to 5100N 5200W to 5100N 4930W to 5200N 4730W to
5530N 5400W to 6100N 5859W to 6200N 5359W to 5800N 4759W then
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador Sea - southern halfIssued 09:30 AM NST 11 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 11 November 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary low 983 mb located over
At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 999 mb located near Groswater Bay.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Tuesday low 987 mb located southeast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 AM NST 11 November 2019 A low pressure system north of the Labrador Sea remain nearly
stationary today. Strong to gale force westerlies over northern
waters will diminish tonight as the low weakens.
Another low approaching from Southeastern Labrador will intensify as
it crosses the South Labrador Sea today. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies over southern waters ahead of this low will increase
to gale to storm force northwesterlies across most waters tonight in
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
South Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Lake Melville and the Labrador coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: