West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 02 December 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 to 35 knots becoming northeast 20 to 30 early this evening then diminishing to northeast 10 to 20 near noon Saturday.
Flurries or showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 02 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 2 December 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough from 996 mb low located over
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing low 998 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:14 AM PST 2 December 2022 A 996 MB low over Northwest Explorer this morning will move southward
today and exit Southwest Explorer early this evening. An Arctic
Ridge of high pressure will remain over the BC Interior creating
Gale force northeasterly outflow winds through the mainland inlets
except up to storm force over the Central Coast later today and
Over northern offshore waters, strong to gale force northeast winds
will ease to strong this evening. Over central waters, gale force
southeast winds will back to northeast this afternoon then ease to
strong by Saturday morning. Over southern waters, winds will rise to
gale to storm force southeast this morning then ease to strong by
Saturday morning. However, winds will remain below gale force over
the Strait of Georgia.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: