Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 05 October 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 to 20 knots late overnight. Wind northwest 15 to 20 Thursday.
Drizzle ending overnight. Fog patches forming late overnight and dissipating Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 5 October 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located over the North
Coast extending southward.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over Haida Gwaii extending
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary trough located over
western Vancouver Island.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: