Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 02 December 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind west 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early this evening then veering to southwest 30 to 40 near midnight. Wind increasing to southwest 40 to 50 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 30 to 40 early Sunday afternoon. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 Sunday evening.
Showers changing to rain this evening and ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 02 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 2 December 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 6:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM PST 2 December 2023 A frontal system just west of the Bowie region will move eastward
tonight to lie in an arc from the Southern Alaskan Panhandle to
Northern Vancouver Island by early Sunday morning.
Gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the front this
evening and strengthen further to storms overnight over northern
And central waters. Gales will extend into the inner South Coast
waters overnight. Widespread gale force westerlies are expected
In the wake of the system, with an area of storm force westerlies
expected over the offshore waters on Sunday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: