Alerts for: Swan River - Duck Mountain - Porcupine Provincial Forest
10:35 AM CDT Tuesday 17 October 2017
Wind warning in effect for:
- Duck Mountain Prov. Park and Prov. Forest
- Mun. of Minitonas-Bowsman incl. Renwer
- Mun. of Swan Valley West incl. Benito
- Pelican Rapids and Shoal River First Nations
- Porcupine Prov. Forest
- R.M. of Mountain including Cowan and Camperville
- R.M. of Mountain including Mafeking and Birch River
- Westgate Red Deer Lake and Barrows
A very intense low pressure system will track through northern Manitoba Wednesday. This system will bring very strong westerly winds with gusts of 90 km/h to areas in western Manitoba this evening and into the overnight. Warning level winds will begin in the Red River Valley early morning Wednesday. In addition, certain wind prone areas in the lee of the Duck and Riding Mountains are likely to get gusts of 110 km/h or stronger.
The extreme winds will abate Wednesday morning in western Manitoba and Wednesday afternoon in the Red River Valley as the low moves towards Ontario.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports using #MBStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: